Talent Canada
Talent Canada

News HR News
Ontario schools closed until May 4: Premier


March 31, 2020
By The Canadian Press

Topics

Ontario says it will extend school closures until May 4 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Premier Doug Ford confirmed the decision at a news conference today, saying he’s following the advice of medical experts.

Earlier this month, Education Minister Stephen Lecce ordered schools closed for two weeks following March break.

The premier said last week that schools would not be reopening April 6 as originally planned.

Advertisment

School boards across the province have been working on plans to help children learn from home.