3M, Ford and RBC among Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2021
By Talent Canada Staff/Mediacorp Canada
By Talent Canada Staff/Mediacorp Canada
Every workplace in Canada has been affected by the pandemic, but the nation’s best employers have distinguished themselves by innovating quickly to support employees and their communities.
It’s a reassuring message from the 2021 winners of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers competition, announced this morning by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
“The very best employers have always been innovators,” says Richard Yerema, managing editor of the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project at Mediacorp.
“They are better prepared to move quickly in response to a rapid challenge like the pandemic. You can see the positive benefit these employers have gained from their earlier experience of continually revisiting workplace strategies and programs.”
“It’s hard not to be impressed by what this year’s winners are doing to support their employees and the community,” says Anthony Meehan, publisher at Mediacorp. “There’s an awareness that COVID-19 has made many of Canada’s social divisions and inequities much wider. The good news is that best employers are stepping up to this challenge and making a difference, both within their organizations and in the wider communities where they operate.”
Common theme among winners: Supporting employees
Across this year’s list of winners, there’s a strong theme of supporting employees through the pandemic and extending that support to the communities they all call home – employees at this year’s winners volunteered over 570,000 hours at charitable organizations across Canada last year.
From assisting employees in setting up home offices to providing them with paid time-off to volunteer in the community, this year’s winners have raised the bar in what it means to be a top employer.
Many of the winners also paid increased attention to their employees’ health while working offsite, including increased subsidies for wellness and mental health.
Now in its 21st annual edition, Canada’s Top 100 Employers is an editorial competition that recognizes employers with exceptional human resources programs and forward-thinking workplace policies. Editors at Mediacorp grade employers on eight criteria, which have remained consistent since the project’s inception:
- Physical Workplace
- Work Atmosphere & Social
- Health, Financial & Family Benefits
- Vacation & Time Off
- Employee Communications
- Performance Management
- Training & Skills Development
- Community Involvement.
The editors publish detailed ‘reasons for selection’ for these criteria, providing transparency in the selection of winners and a catalogue of best practices for employers and job-seekers alike.
Full list of Canada’s Top Employers for 2021
Winners are listed alphabetically:
- 3M Canada Company
- ABB Inc.
- Aboriginal Peoples Television Network Inc. / APTN
- Accenture Inc.
- Adobe Systems Canada Inc.
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation / AFSC
- Alberta Health Services / AHS
- ArcelorMittal Dofasco G.P.
- Bank of Canada
- BASF Canada Inc.
- BC Public Service
- Bell Canada
- Best Buy Canada Ltd.
- British Columbia Investment Management Corporation / BCI
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Canada Energy Regulator
- Canada Life Assurance Company, The
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation / CMHC
- Canada Revenue Agency / CRA
- Canadian National Railway
- Capital One Canada
- Cargill Limited
- Cascades ULC
- CBC / Radio-Canada
- Cisco Systems Canada Co.
- Citi Canada
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia, The
- CWB National Leasing Inc.
- Danone Canada
- Desjardins Group / Mouvement Desjardins
- Diamond Schmitt Architects Inc.
- Digital Extremes Ltd.
- Emera Inc.
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Enbridge Inc.
- ESIT Advanced Solutions Inc.
- Export Development Canada
- Fidelity Canada
- Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited
- GlaxoSmithKline Inc. / GSK
- Greater Vancouver Food Bank
- Hatch Ltd.
- Health Canada / Santé Canada
- Hospital for Sick Children, The
- House of Commons Administration
- Imperial Oil Limited
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- Irving Oil
- Ivanhoé Cambridge Inc.
- Kellogg Canada Inc.
- Keurig Canada Inc.
- KPMG LLP
- K+S Potash Canada GP
- Labatt Brewing Company Limited
- Laurentide Controls Ltd.
- Loblaw Companies Limited
- L’Oréal Canada Inc.
- Mars Inc.
- McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Medtronic Canada ULC
- Mondelēz International
- Mott MacDonald Canada Limited
- Novo Nordisk Canada Inc.
- Nutrien Inc.
- Oppenheimer Group
- PCL Construction
- Pembina Pipeline Corporation
- PepsiCo Canada
- Pomerleau Inc.
- Procter & Gamble Inc.
- ResMed Halifax ULC
- Rio Tinto
- Rogers Communications Inc.
- Royal Bank of Canada
- RSA Canada Group
- Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
- SAP Canada Inc.
- Schneider Electric Canada Inc.
- Sekisui Diagnostics PEI Ltd.
- Shopify Inc.
- Simon Fraser University
- Stryker Canada ULC
- Suncor Energy Inc.
- TD Bank Group
- Teck Resources Limited
- TELUS Communications Inc.
- Thomson Reuters Canada Limited
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc. / TMMC
- Université de Montréal
- University of New Brunswick / UNB
- University of Toronto
- Verafin Inc.
- West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd.
- World Vision Canada
- Yukon, Government of
For more information, including detailed information on each of the winners, visit https://www.canadastop100.com/national/