Rethinking benefits for young workers
There’s no question – the COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically increased individual needs around mental health.
Younger workers are prioritizing their health and wellness, which in turn places higher expectations on employer benefits.
And with a surge of Canadians leaving their jobs as a result of dissatisfaction in recent months, how can employers ensure their benefits plans are evolving to be competitive in a hot job market?
Julie Gaudry, Head of Group Benefits at RBC Insurance, joined the Talent Show podcast in September to discuss a recent survey RBC Insurance conducted on this issue.
In this episode, Gaudry comments on:
- how employers can best keep up with the changing needs of a younger workforce
- what specific elements of a benefits plan are of most value to young workers
- how employers can shift their benefits offerings, according to the needs of their staff
- current considerations for plan sponsors around employee well-being and mental health
- benefits tips for employers to consider to improve recruitment and retention.